Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations
Under DSEAR, workplaces must:
- carry out a risk assessment of any work activities which involve dangerous substances
- put measures in place to remove or reduce risks as far as reasonably possible
- provide equipment and procedures to deal with accidents and emergencies
- provide information and training for employees
- 'zone' explosive and mark them if necessary
Fuelcom provide DSEAR risk assessments for the retail petroleum industry.
- APEA 'Blue Book' Regulated
- Full site audits.
- Risk assessment of all operations and procedures
- Advise on procedures to reduce or eliminate risks.
- Issue hazardous area surveys and classification drawings.
- Implement arrangements to deal with accidents and emergencies.
- Provide training on DSEAR Safety to all site employees.